Motoring World is inviting applications for a writer for the web edition of the magazine (www.motoringworld.in) and for its social media channels. As the magazine turns 20 this year and continues to occupy a dominant position amongst auto enthusiasts, the web writer will contribute towards further developing our website, with the same style and passion as that of the magazine.
While great knowledge of cars and bikes won’t go amiss, the ability to produce a clean and enjoyable copy is an absolute must. The current opening is for the role of a Web Writer, whose responsibilities include writing and publishing news, working with the team on features, and contributing to social media as well.
With the serious bit out of the way, it is imperative that the person applying for the job likes to have fun (behind the wheel and the keyboard), likes scouting for story ideas, and has a penchant for good content. It’ll be some extra points for those who disregard the new-age, millennial-friendly language that’s currently taken over the Internet. But at the same time, it’s equally important to not go overly Downton Abbey.
Job Title: Web Writer
- Conceptualising and writing stories for the website
- Editing and copy-editing stories
- Maintaining an evolving and current bank of stories and story ideas
- Publishing stories on the social media channels as well as optimising posts for growing traffic
- Observing news and trends and ideating and writing stories
- Ability to write content for the digital audience
- Ability to handle various CMSs, social media managers (Hootsuite, etc.) and Google Analytics
- Basic photo editing
If you are interested, send an email to Paranjay.Dutt@delhipress.in along with a few writing samples and your CV. And don’t forget to include ‘Motoring Crew’ in the subject line.